5 Easy Ways for a Company to Reduce Carbon Emissions
Companies everywhere are joining the movement to adopt sustainable business practices and introduce goals that consider the environment, ethics, and labor and human rights into management systems. To avoid getting overwhelmed on where to start incorporating sustainable practices with your company, try these easy steps to become a more eco-friendly corporation.
Go For Low to No Emissions
- Stay Virtual – if you figured out how to conduct business with remote workers, offer the option to continue. Eliminating the commute is a home run for the environment.
- Limit Travel – now is the time to perfect presentations that work well on shared meeting sites like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Do you really need to meet in person?
- Calculate a Carbon Offset – when business travel is unavoidable, balance the impact of emissions with a donation to a reputable organization towards carbon reduction projects.
- Build Awareness – publish company goals and provide employee training on recycling, energy conservation, and reducing your carbon footprint.
- Commit to a sustainability assessment and improvement plan – it begins with small behavioral changes guided by sound policies and procedures.
The effort is well worth the reward. Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability attracts top talent, especially among eco-minded millennials. Be proud of your strides to incorporate these practices into your business strategy by celebrating these five areas’ accomplishments with the whole company. Share your goals publicly on your website and post your results on your social streams. To spread the good, use sustainability in your decision matrix to choose suppliers, vendors, and strategic partners.
Xavier Creative House is a company dedicated to sustainability and is 100% virtual since its launch in 2013. We minimize the addition to the ecological footprint by using the same environment in which we live to deliver our clients’ healthcare creative services. XCH minimizes emissions of greenhouse gases in the execution of our work. We invite you to join us on a sustainable journey to address the socioeconomic impact of business.